Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Never underestimate the word "Challenge"

So this past weekend was the men's challenge and to be honest, I didn't think it would be all that challenging. Fortunately for me, I was dead wrong. It pretty much was a an entree of your an idiot with a side of please kick here. Dean talked about looking at life through Gods lens and not our own. We sit there and we don't understand why God allows certain things to happen in our life, or when things don't go the way we want them to, we get upset and frustrated. We don't look at the big picture. We don't see what God is seeing. We see what we allow/want ourselves to see.

Ya, this weekend was tough, but on Saturday night, it got just a wee bit more challenging. I was told that some changes were going to be made, and that I wasn't going to be playing the final set Sunday morning like I was supposed to. Now some of you may or may not know this, but playing drums for worship is my passion. I love it. It's the single most favorite thing that I do through my weeks and when I was told that, I practically exploaded with anger and frustration, but before I did, I caught myself. I slowly started to realize that maybe I needed this. Maybe God wanted to show me something. Maybe, I need to just take a back seat and not do things my way this time.

Times like these are tough, but I'm slowly learning different things that are slowly shaping me into the man I want to be. Gotta love it.

3 comments:

Romi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Romi said...

Whoopsie, somehow I managed to delete my own comment! There's a first for moi'! lol

Anyway...REally great post, Joey! Thanks for sharing how God was working on you this past weekend. I agree that His teaching can be challenging, tough and painful, but hopefully we'll learn from it for next time. During humbling times like these, I console and humor myself that it's character building and it's good for me. Although, I can't say I'm always convinced because it still tastes like a bitter pill to me! ; ) Thanks again, for sharing!
And remember "Challenge=Character"

Romi said...

Waiting for a new blog post, Joey! ; )